How can PR work for you? Find out in this example of our recent work:
Example: Press Conference
Press Conference for Konarka Technologies
Konarka Technologies has been manufacturing organic solar cells for consumer products since 2010. In August 2011 the company made strategic partnerships with numerous well renowned companies in order to jointly develop products for building-integrated photovoltaic plants. Konarka is the first company worldwide to manufacture organic solar cells for building integration. The company contacted us in the summer of 2011 to write and place press releases on the new products and the strategic partnership.
Konarka wants to expand its strategic partnerships, establish itself as a pioneer in the sector of organic solar cells and increase its prominence in the media.
Among Konarka Technologies’ target groups count architects, construction companies and investors as well as companies that integrate Konarka’s cells in glass, metal and polycarbonate facades.
We suggested to Konarka to hold a press conference on the topic “World Premiere: Organic Solar Cells for Building Integration” within the framework of the European Photovoltaic Conference, EU PVSEC 2011, in Hamburg. The reasons are as follows:
- The topic is too significant for a small press release. In addition, the deadlines for the preview reports for EU PVSEC had already passed when we received the inquiry and press releases would have failed to reach an audience on account of the summer holiday period.
- In Hamburg, numerous international professional journalists meet, through whom Konarka’s target groups can be reached.
- Possible speakers for the press conference – from Konarka’s headquarters in the USA as well as from their branch office in Nuremburg – as well as representative from its strategic partners are on location on account of the conference, which reduces expenses.
- The strategic partners could be optimally integrated.
- Konarka is still relatively unknown. With a press conference and accompanying actions, its presence can be quickly and easily increased.
Organisation and conduction of a press conference within the scope of the EU PV SEC
- Content and thematic conception
- Customer consultation, invitation and coordination with the speakers, briefing on interview partners for individual talks
- Planning of the rooms, sound engineering, catering, photo documentation, success monitoring
Accompanying press relations
> Invitation of journalists
> Placing of event announcements
> Follow-up, press management, maintenance of contacts
> Mediating and placing interviews
> Creating and sending press releases and press kits
We organized the exhibitor press conference with the largest audience within the framework of the EU PVSEC in 2011. We mediated individual talks, placed press releases, interviews and photographic material and achieved a remarkable result: more than 500 international publications in numerous industry magazines and online media within two months – from articles in the magazines InterPV, neue energie, Solarthemen and pv magazine to Wirtschaftskurier, ep Photovoltaik, IngenieurBlatt and Sueddeutsche.de.
"lndustry Partners to Integrate Organic Solar Cells into Building Facades" | InterPV
"PV for glass and steel" | PV Magazine
"Organische Solarzellen mit Anwendungschancen" | Solarthemen
"Mittelständler zapfen die Sonne an" | Wirtschaftskurier
(Provided by courtesy of the publishing houses)